Every parent asks the question but it is always in the forefront of a parent with a special needs child. How do you decide when to take your kiddo that may brake dance, scream or interact with people. Every kid is different so no one can tell you, it’s a decision you have to make on your own and it’s not always easy. Where I currently stand is you have to try and take your kid\s with some regularity so they get use to it but not so much that you feel overwhelmed. Here is a quick list that I run through though.
1. Will your child enjoy it if you don’t know give it a shot
2. Do you have things to distract your child
3. Do you and your spouse need some time away?
4. Could you make this a learning experience. Remember sometimes you may not know how much your child is retaining.
5. Can you keep your cool in a melt down. I really encourage you to flex your “chill” muscle because if u can stay calm your child will almost always get something out of it but be honest with yourself it won’t be good for either of you if you both loose it. The more you use that “chill” muscle the more you can handle the more your child will have the opportunity to grow.
Hope this helps someone.